Select to view content in your preferred language

Open to Inbox on Download

Jump to solution
04-15-2022 07:17 AM
Brian_Tavernia
New Contributor

I have created a survey linked to a feature service and with the inbox enabled. When users download the survey to their smart phones, the user is not directed to the inbox to select a survey for one of the features in the service.  Instead, the survey123 app opens a blank survey that is not connected to any of the existing features in the feature service. If the user proceeds to collect data using the blank survey, a new feature is added to the feature service (an undesirable outcome).  To avoid this outcome, I would like to have the survey123 open the inbox when it is downloaded (not a blank survey form).  I am not sure how to make this happen.  Advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

If you have set it up so that the user is assigned surveys to work in their inbox, they should be trained to refresh their inbox to see the full list of surveys assigned to them.  When they open the app, it should not immediately launch an empty survey.  It should show a choice of doing a Collect or opening their Inbox.  But the Inbox will have a number next to it, to indicate they have surveys waiting for them in their inbox.  See the attached screenshot for what I mean.  The other option is to turn off the ability to collect new surveys altogether, using the toggle in Survey 123 Connect.  I put a screenshot of the Options page below.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

If you have set it up so that the user is assigned surveys to work in their inbox, they should be trained to refresh their inbox to see the full list of surveys assigned to them.  When they open the app, it should not immediately launch an empty survey.  It should show a choice of doing a Collect or opening their Inbox.  But the Inbox will have a number next to it, to indicate they have surveys waiting for them in their inbox.  See the attached screenshot for what I mean.  The other option is to turn off the ability to collect new surveys altogether, using the toggle in Survey 123 Connect.  I put a screenshot of the Options page below.