offline map layer in Survey123 for ArcGIS does not appear

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 01:17 AM
Tatag_BagusNarendra
New Contributor II

Hello All. I use survey123 for arcgis version3.5.164. I cant get offline map/image/basemap using tpk file appear in the map types in this version when I go offline using survey123 which is possible in the previous version. Is there any limitation for the latest update?

0 Kudos
41 Replies
BradenBurkholder1
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip!

Is there a tentative release date/period for 3.6?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braden,

Good news. We have resolved the Android 32-bit issue with TPK files, as well as fixing another high priority issue, so we will be releasing a 3.5 hotfix to the app stores as soon as possible. It should be available by the end of the week, pending certification and app store approvals.

We have also uploaded new 3.6 Beta builds to the Early Adopter Community which include these fixes. Please download the latest Android 32-bit Beta builds on EAC and test on your devices with your TPK files, and provide any feedback. You can find the latest updates on EAC here.

For the final 3.6 release, currently it is scheduled for mid-September, however depending on progress of bug fixes and enhancements, this could change, but currently on track.

Regards,

Phil.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

I downloaded the update from the app store this morning and it has resolved the issue for me.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am wondering if the hotfix was released and if it is available for Android. We are using 3.5.177, and the problem with the maps not displaying in the collection is still there. 

In iOS, there is no issue, but we need to work in the field this week with android devices (different brands). Please let me know if there is something I can do to fix this without asking the partner to use the beta version.

BTW, using the Beta 3.6.120, the issue is fixed. 

thanks in advance 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Miguel,

Yes, the fix was released to the Play Store as part of release version 3.5.177.

Can you confirm the exact device make/model/OS version (32/64-bit OS) and if you are using 32/64-bit app? You can check this using the About screen in the app (and long press on the AppStudio banner at the bottom to see expanded about screen). Also if you could run the AIDA64 app from Play Store on the device, and send screenshot of the CPU pages ans supported ABIs that would be helpful.

Also can you also share your tpk file so we can take a closer look?

Phil.

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Phil,

I am working with Miguel on this issue. The phone is working with Android 7.1 and with the 64-bit app. I ran the AIDA64 app and here are the specs for CPU and ABIs:

SoC Model: Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952)
Core Architecture: 8x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1209 MHz
Manufacturing Process: 28 nm
Instruction Set: 64-bit ARMv8-A
CPU Revision: r0p4
CPU Cores: 8
CPU Clock Range: 806 - 1516 MHz
Core 1 Clock: (sleeping)
Core 2 Clock: (sleeping)
Core 3 Clock: 1516 MHz
Core 4 Clock: 1516 MHz
Core 5 Clock: 1209 MHz
Core 6 Clock: 1209 MHz
Core 7 Clock: 1209 MHz
Core 8 Clock: 1209 MHz
CPU Utilization: 37 %
Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 32-bit ABIs: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
Supported 64-bit ABIs: arm64-v8a
AES: Supported
NEON: Supported
SHA1: Supported
SHA2: Supported

Asaf

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for the information, I can see the device is 64-bit and supports 64-bit apps based on the ABIs.

Can you share the tpk file? Also more information about how it was made, the size of the tpk, the projection (spatial reference) and any other information? Was the same tpk working in 3.3 release?

When you say it works with 3.6 beta, are you using the basic or standard map type setting in the Map settings?

Phil.

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Phil,

The tpk file can be found here. It was made with Tile Package Creator and contains the imagery basemap so it has its projection and it is not too big (48 MB). It worked before in 3.3 and when working in 3.6 with the "Standard" map types (need to check if it works in "basic" map types).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Asaf,

I did some further testing with your tpk file, and it appears to be working fine with 3.6 and "Standard" map type option enabled, however it doesn't appear to display correctly at certain zoom levels using 3.5 or 3.6 with "Basic" map type option. Whilst the tpk does display, the tiles and extent don't appear to be honoured correctly. We need to investigate this further as it appears to be an issue with the underlying plugin being used to render the "Basic" map types.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello Asaf EvenPaz

i generate a tpkx in arcgis pro 2.4. i create a test survey in connect because i wanted to add the tpkx file so when people download the survey with the tpk file for the offline map purposes i create a media folder and added the file there but did not worked. i download the survey to survey123 and create a map folder and added the file but i have this message

how can i add the tpkx file now in connect so when i download the survey i came with the offline map file?

this is the tpk file i used map.zip - Google Drive 

regards,

diego llamas

0 Kudos