offline map layer in Survey123 for ArcGIS does not appear

Jump to solution
07-05-2019 01:17 AM
Tatag_BagusNarendra
New Contributor II

Hello All. I use survey123 for arcgis version3.5.164. I cant get offline map/image/basemap using tpk file appear in the map types in this version when I go offline using survey123 which is possible in the previous version. Is there any limitation for the latest update?

0 Kudos
41 Replies
MasonBailie
New Contributor III

Absolutely,

It is an Android Galaxy Tab A (2019) SMT510 running Android 9 (Pie). What is odd is that I can see the files in the .tpk library inside the app (under settings), so it recognizes that they are there and accessible, but it refuses to show them as options in the list of Map Types (default or otherwise) in the survey. I have also tried installing an SD Card and creating a file path that mimics the path for the internal storage and have the library point there instead, but the problem remains the same. The app updated for my phone as well from 3.3 to 3.5 with no changes or issues (i.e. the same result you have above), so the bug does seem to be device specific. 

Additionally, I can confirm that Survey 123 Classic is working just fine for us for now. We will likely just continue using classic for the foreseeable future. There appear to be no problems with missing feature services, errors in the survey sheets, or anything of that nature.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Mason. The behaviour and device specific issues seems odd to me, as it should work the same on all devices provided the app is supported on those devices? The only difference could be the device and whether it is 32bit or 64bit CPU and OS architecture, and what version of the OS it is running. Any extra information you have on this would be helpful.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mason,

I have been able to reproduce the problem with 3.5, using your tpk. Good news is that there is nothing wrong with the tpk file itself, and it should work in 3.5 like it did in 3.3.

The issue appears to be a bug in 3.5 with the Android 32-bit app version only, and is related to the updated Qt 5.12.1 framework version being used. From my testing all other supported OS versions (Windows, iOS, MacOS and even Android 64-bit) are all working as expected with the same tpk file.

I have created a bug in our system for this issue and we will work on it as priority to fix for the 3.6 release.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JenniferLidgett
New Contributor II

Hi

We are having the same issues with our Samsung Tab A (T380s) when using the Survey123 App version 4.0.21.  Do you expect this to be resolved soon?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer,

We do not have an app version 4.0.21, are you referring to the AppStudio Framework version? Can you please provide the Survey123 app version, it should be 3.5.XXX or similar?

Also, can you give more details on the exact issue you are having, and if possible provide a copy of the survey xlsx form and the tpks files?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jennifer,

I have been able to reproduce the problem with 3.5. The issue appears to be a bug in 3.5 with the Android 32-bit app version only, and is related to the updated Qt 5.12.1 framework version being used. From my testing all other supported OS versions (Windows, iOS, MacOS and even Android 64-bit) are all working as expected with the same tpk files.

I have created a bug in our system for this issue and we will work on it as priority to fix for the 3.6 release.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder1
New Contributor III

Same issue in Field App 3.5.164 on an older Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1): tpk maps won't display (but are present in survey folder on device) and map icon disappears when off network. Reinstall of App and survey didn't fix it. Survey and map worked just fine on Field App 3.3, offline map still appears in Connect 3.5.

Maps also do not display on an older Motorola (Android 6.0) phone.

However, maps do show on an older iOS device (iPhone 7).

Example survey available here:

https://arcg.is/898Xe 

I made a brand new tpk with Kreator 1.3.30 and issue persists on a simple survey on the original offending device.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braden,

I am unable to access the survey, can you send me the xlsx form and the tpk file also? Need to investigate further, but appears the issue is related to older Android devices, and that the same survey and tpk works on Windows and iOS? Is that correct?

Do you have any Android devices that the tpk file is working on, never devices for example?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braden,

On the Android devices the tpk is not working on with 3.5, can you tell me if the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Survey123 app is installed?

You can check this in the About screen of the app, tap and hold the Powered by AppStudio text, and more detailed system information should be displayed. Please send me the Device Architecture and Build Architecture of those devices the tpk is not working on?

Thanks,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Braden,

As replied in my email, I have been able to reproduce the problem with 3.5, using your tpk. Good news is that there is nothing wrong with the tpk file itself, and it should work in 3.5 like it did in 3.3.

The issue appears to be a bug in 3.5 with the Android 32-bit app version only, and is related to the updated Qt 5.12.1 framework version being used. From my testing all other supported OS versions (Windows, iOS, MacOS and even Android 64-bit) are all working as expected with the same tpk file.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos