Select to view content in your preferred language

Not everyone can see my survey...

Jump to solution
09-11-2015 05:59 AM
DanielHunter
Regular Contributor

What roles do individuals need in AGO to view my survey?

I work in a large organization and different users have different roles.  Even when users are part of a "group" and the survey (feature layer) has been shared with that group, they still can not see them...

Some users can and others can't, is there a listing of appropriate privilege for users to view surveys?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use either one. If using survey123.arcgis.com  there are fewer chances of making mistakes. If using ArcGIS.com you need to make sure that:

• Both the Feature Service and the Form item are shared with the Group AND
  • The Form item is NOT shared with everyone

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, to use a survey all permissions you need are 'Edit Features' and 'Join Organizational Groups'. If you do not have these permissions you should not be able to log into the app.   If you cannot see the survey in the app it is most likely because your survey is also shared with everyone.  Make sure your survey is not public, and shared with a group to which you belong and the survey should pop in your app.

0 Kudos
DanielHunter
Regular Contributor

I believe that the sharing privileges set up in the ArcGIS Online environment are not honored by the survey 123 app.  Example:  I share my survey (feature service) with a given group through the ArcGIS Online environment and not all users who are part of that group can view it...

However, when I change the sharing settings from the survey123 website, users in the group are able to view the survey.

Does sharing have to be configured from the Survey123 website? ArcGIS Online? or both?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can use either one. If using survey123.arcgis.com  there are fewer chances of making mistakes. If using ArcGIS.com you need to make sure that:

• Both the Feature Service and the Form item are shared with the Group AND
  • The Form item is NOT shared with everyone