New surveys not opening up to edit design

01-27-2021 11:35 AM
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

I created a new survey today and it didn't show up in my list of surveys. I refreshed the page and it did show up then. However, I can't edit the survey or even navigate to the Design page to add any information to the survey. 

I have other surveys and I just realized I can't open them up to design or edit them either.

Am I doing something wrong? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi William,

Could you provide more detailed info of the issue? Are you using Connect to design the survey or web designer?

What version of the Survey123 are you using? 

Are you using ArcGIS Online log in or an enterprise connection?

Could you confirm if the log in account is the same when you created the survey and attempt to update the same survey? 

Only the same account of the survey creator could edit the survey, so please make sure you are using the same account and the account is log in properly.

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

Yes. I am using the web designer.

Whatever version of Survey123 you get when you login to the web designer.

I am trying this with an ArcGIS Online account. I have also tried it with an enterprise username with the same results (on other surveys owned by that account). My ArcGIS Online account is the admin of our organization so it should not be a permission issue with the account. 

It is obviously the same account that created it because it doesn't work with a brand new just-created survey. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi William,

What browser are you using with web designer? Could you see the same issue with other browser application and try to edit the same problematic survey?

When you mentioned that you can't havigate to the Design page, did you receive any error or simply no response when you click the Design page?

Could you also try to open a private session(incognito windows) and try the same workflow to see how it behaved?

What question types did you have with the problematic survey?

Are you able to just add one simple question and accept all default name, then publish to test if a simple survey is editable or viewable?

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

I feel like you aren't even reading the original post or my replies. The question about trying another browser is the only one with any reasonable suggestion. I said that I "can't even navigate to the Design page", you click the pencil icon and nothing happens. 

I tried to open a survey in Edge (Chromium based) and it opened fine. So, it seems that the problem is with my browser. I'll try clearing my browser cache and see if that helps. Using something other than Chrome is not an acceptable work around. 

To be clear, I cannot do anything with existing surveys using Chrome right now (and creating a new survey does not work as expected). I did get to the Settings page, but trying to make a change and save it produces this error: 

" {"error":{"name":"ArcGISRequestError","message":"CONT_0102: Info file for item not found","originalMessage":"Info file for item not found","code":"CONT_0102","response":{"error":{"message":"Info file for item not found","code":400,"details":[],"messageCode":"CONT_0102"},"success":false},"url":"https://survey123.arcgis.com/api/survey/d70d1efe5c6546d89f5750149fb2b961/updateVersionLock","options... removed for geonet post]","tokenExpires":"2021-02-16T02:38:21.656Z","portal":"https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest","ssl":true,"tokenDuration":20160,"refreshTokenTTL":1440},"param...":{}}}} "

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

I cleared my browser cache and tried again. It still doesn't work in Chrome. However, I did look at the console and noticed that I get this error when I click the Edit icon (pencil) on a survey.

" ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: Cannot read property 'ɵmod' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'ɵmod' of undefined
at vm (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at main-v3.11.20.js:2
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at x (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at x (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at e.invokeTask (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at Object.onInvokeTask (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at e.invokeTask (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at t.runTask (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at m (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at t.invokeTask [as invoke] (main-v3.11.20.js:2)
at c (main-v3.11.20.js:2) "

I get this same error no matter which survey I try to edit. All are owned by me, and all but one were created using the web version of Survey123. 

I tried this in a private browsing version of Chrome and it worked fine. So, it is either related to an Extension I have installed, or something else tied to the profile I am using.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi William,

As the same workflow worked in Edge and a private session of Chrome, it should relate to the browser cache issue. As you did try to clean the cache but did not help to resolve the issue, could you try to use the beta version of the website to see if the same issue still persists? 

Also try to update the Chome browser, clean the all saved password for arcgis.com, enable clear cookie setting , and close all sessions and restart the chrome browser. Sometime a full cleaning might be required to clear all associated cache data and cookie.

Shwu-jingJeng_0-1613500370348.png

0 Kudos
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

Sorry that I took so long to respond to this. I tried the beta version of the website and it is still giving the same results. 

If I search the web for this error, there is a post here that mentions this same error. 

https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/36510

Since this is a github post about Angular JS code, I thought it may be related to one of my Angular developer extensions.

I have fixed the issue after disabling all of my web development related extensions in chrome. I may try turning them on one at a time to narrow down the root cause, but for now I don't have to use an incognito window to work and that is enough for me.

0 Kudos