New Survey123 and add question

05-03-2017 06:36 AM
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi

I try to add a new question in a Test Survey V2, but when I want publish, I have an error message

Thanks a lot

Julien

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julien,

This is not an error message, but a warning.  Adding a field using Survey123Connect will result in the republishing of the data table that will store the survey, deleting any existing data you have already collected.  You can avoid this by adding the 'new question' field manually in ArcGIS Online - make sure it has the correct type of value for the data you are submitting (text, integer, float/decimal).

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi James

but in the Ismael web page, if my tracduction is correct, its possible to add a question after publish and data record

no ?

Enhanced Web Designer

(survey123.arcgis.com)

The easiest way to get started with Survey123 for ArcGIS is through the Web Designer. While it does not feature all the smart form capabilities supported by Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS, Web Designer offers plenty of functionality to author powerful forms for data collection, and it is certainly a favorite among many of you.

Change surveys once they have been published

With this update, you can add, delete, or update existing questions in surveys, even after people have submitted data.  While it is not ideal to update surveys once they have been published and shared, we all make mistakes, so this option is quite handy.  In fact you can now modify anything in a survey from questions, to options in lists, labels, hints, defaults and user input constraints.  Previously captured data in your feature service will not be lost.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julien,

That paragraph is concerning the web designer (http://survey123.arcgis.com), not Survey123Connect.

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Ok, Sorry ! I have make a mistake

Bye

0 Kudos