Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) not asking for ArcGIS Credentials when creating webhook for Survey123

12-12-2019 08:22 AM
LeilaJackson1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Microsoft Power Automate (formerly Flow) to create a webhook to send an email when a survey is submitted from Survey123. When I add Survey123 as my connector, Power Automate is not asking me to login to ArcGIS and therefore my surveys are not listed when asked to choose a survey. I have done this successfully in the past, but it does not seem to be working now. Does anyone have any insights?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Leila,

Could you go to Data > Connections in Power Automate and check the status of the Survey123 connection?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Leila,

Could you check the Data>Connection tab under your Power automate account and check the Survey123 Connection status to see if it shows Connected? If you haven't logged in for a while, you might have to re-connect your Connection again.

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

This was in fact the problem - I discovered it after submitting the question. Would this also prevent a previously created flow from working? I had a flow that should have sent a notification on Monday after a survey was submitted, but no notification was sent. When I tested the form later in the day after reconnecting it the notification worked. If this is the case, how to do you prevent being disconnected so your flows continue to work even if you haven't worked in Power Automate/Flow recently? How is one disconnected? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Leila,

The refresh token will be validated for 2 weeks, and this is why the connection will be expired and disconnected. Could you check the connection to see if it disconnects shorter than two weeks time frame? 

0 Kudos
LeilaJackson1

Thanks - I hadn't actively been in Power Automate for a couple months when this occurred. This is likely a typical work flow for me - create a flow, and let it flow....  🙂 and might not go back in again until I need to edit or create a new flow several months later. Are you saying I need to go in every 2 weeks (or less) and update the connection?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, usually about 2 weeks the token will be expired and you will need to refresh the connection. At time time, please check your connection in about 2 weeks to make sure the connection is still active. If disconnecting happens quite often, please let us know as well, so we can look into it further.

0 Kudos
StevenBradbury1
New Contributor II

Hello, is it still the case that the Survey123 token will expire every 2 weeks? 

0 Kudos