Media not longer displaying in reports?

07-10-2019 08:09 AM
StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

It looks like the media attachments are no longer displaying in the Survey123 'Feature Reports.' The same surveys/report templates were previously working with the 'Beta Reports.' 

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know a solution?

I've tried using both syntax styles:

${operatorSignature | size:300:0}

${%operatorSignature | size:300:0}

No luck!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Can you please provide a copy of your xlsx form you used to create your survey, and also your word template. That way we can have a closer look to understand why it isn't working. Let me know if you can not share on this post, and I will send you my email address.

Regards,

Phil.

StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

Hey Phillip,

Thanks for your prompt follow-up. I've attached one of the more simple XLSX/Feature Report templates that I'm working with.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, we will take a look and get back to you.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the feedback and sharing the XLSForm and report template files.

From my testing, if I create a survey in ArcGIS Online (by removing the value of submission_url in your XLSForm) and use your report template, a submitted image/signature can be printed as expected in the report. Since the value of submission_url of the settings sheet seems to be an item in ArcGIS Enterprise, can you please confirm your survey is published in ArcGIS Enterprise?

In such a case, any attachment file stored in ArcGIS Enterprise does not have the "keywords" property supported which will lead to a known issue that you cannot reference an attachment file (image/signature...) in the report template by using the question name. That is being said, if your survey is in ArcGIS Enterprise, the syntax such as ${operatorSignature | size:300:0} will not work by design due to the limitation mentioned above, instead, blank value (a small white image) is expected for such a placeholder in the printed report. Would you mind sharing more details when you referred "The same surveys/report templates were previously working with the 'Beta Reports.' "? 

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

Hi Zhifang,

I think the original reports I was using utilized ArcGIS online, not Enterprise. Perhaps that's the difference. 

Is there anyway I can get the images/signatures to display in a feature report in ArcGIS Enterprise??

This is a crucial element that I assumed would transfer between online and enterprise, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Unfortunately, ArcGIS Enterprise does not support keywords for attachments, and there is no workaround to this. Survey123 uses keywords to link the attachments to the specific question (field) in the feature, otherwise they would only be related to the feature, not the question. This works in ArcGIS Online as keywords are supported.

Until keywords are supported in ArcGIS Enterprise, images and signatures will not work with Feature Reports.

There is an open enhancement request for ArcGIS Enterprise to support keywords for attachments, I would suggest you raise a support ticket for this and link it to the current case, as the more requests from customers on this issue the sooner it may be supported in Enterprise.

Phil.

StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the clarification Phil!

0 Kudos