Map from ArcGIS online used in Survey123

04-29-2019 10:07 AM
deleted-user-j8u2waHrLNX3
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any way to include a map that has been published on ArcGIS online in a geopoint question within a survey. I have been able to insert a custom basemap by creating a tile package but it is static and those in the field need the data that is most up to date. If this is possible I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Darren

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Darren,

It is possible to associate a tile package that has been uploaded to ArcGIS Online with a survey- see Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for details.

deleted-user-j8u2waHrLNX3
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks the reply, I have stumbled upon that article but I was hoping to be able to associate a web map from AGO into a survey. Is this possible or is it only tile packages?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Darren,

Web maps are not currently supported.

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Any plans to introduce this? It would be handy. I ended up using the Geoform instead of Survey123 because I could use a webmap as the basemap in a Geoform.

Difficulty would be with offline surveys but could it be an option for online only surveys?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, we already have support for web maps and other enhanced map types in our 3.6 beta release which is available on EAC. If you want to test it out please head over the Survey123 Early Adopter Community to download the latest builds.

This is scheduled for release in our next update 3.6.

Phil.

0 Kudos