Select to view content in your preferred language

Manually add Lat and Long to survey and create point on map in survey123 connect

Jump to solution
01-11-2024 09:57 AM
LS1
by
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm trying to manually add lat/long to survey to map points. The locations look correct in the survey map but when I look at the point layer in web map, there is nothing there and there is nothing in the attribute table?  I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out. Help? Thanks!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @LS1

What are the settings on the feature service itself? If it matches the following allowing others to query will be disabled on the feature service causing the map viewer classic issue observed: 

ZacharySutherby_1-1705101024686.png

To resolve the issue you can set What features can editors see to either "Editors can see all features" or "Editors can only see their own features". You don't need to enable update or delete for "What kind of editing is allowed". 

Are you seeing the issue in Map Viewer or Map Viewer classic? 

ZacharySutherby_2-1705101180695.png

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks to be working to me.

Field App:

abureaux_0-1704996937163.png

S123 Website:

abureaux_1-1704996952713.png

I had to remove the "read only" on the lat lon fields. It appears like the "enter vc" field is supposed to be a dropdown? I am wondering if the data being pulled from there has something wrong with it.

LS1
by
New Contributor III

I included the .csv file that the pulldata is using to retrieve lat/long for vc that is entered. I was just displaying the lat/long to confirm the pulldata was working correctly. The map in the survey is showing the locations correctly.
When I submit the survey, this is the data in the in the feature layer. When I look at the records in the feature layer and visualize it I see the points on the map: 

LS1_0-1704998227818.png

LS1_1-1704998739210.png

But the web map doesn't show the locations

LS1_2-1704998839735.png

???

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Wow. I swear I am blind as a bat some days...

Okay, for the CSV, you need to have a name and label column.

I added those to the CSV:

abureaux_0-1704999466296.png

And I made one small change to the pulldata( )to accommodate:

abureaux_2-1704999745187.png

0 Kudos
LS1
by
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks @abureaux, csv had header and pulldata is working correctly to place the point on the map in the survey but why isn't the info displaying in the web map?  

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm. I see now. I was thinking there was an S123 issue. But like you pointed out, even if the data gets to the Feature Layer properly, it isn't showing up on a map. This isn't an issue specific to your your survey.

I tried some old Feature Layers of my own, and was able to reproduce the issue. These Feature Layers are old, well used, and similar in function. In both cases, I went to Portal > Feature Layer > Open in Map Viewer Classic.

First example (appears fine):
abureaux_0-1705005411658.png

Second Example (missing hundreds of points):
abureaux_1-1705005479696.png

@ZacharySutherbyany idea why this is going on?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @abureaux @LS1

Please check out the following resources: 

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-data-from-arcgis-survey123-connect-are-not-dis...

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/knownissuesanalyzeresults.htm#anchor4

Assuming you published your survey from Survey123 Connect in a version later than 3.14, if you didn't enable the inbox or allow sent surveys to be edited before initial publish, the feature service Survey123 creates will have the query capability disabled. There is a BUG in the old map viewer that prevents the data from displaying if query is disabled. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

And there we are! Thank you @ZacharySutherby 

My data is typically handled via other channels these days, and I haven't had to create a map this way since 3.13 - 3.14.

0 Kudos
LS1
by
New Contributor III

@ZacharySutherby 

Still confused as to what is going on. I'm using Survey123 Connect v 3.19.104. Prior to that I had surveys working to send feature layer info that was displaying and showing up on dashboards. Now nothing is working. These are the settings in the survey and if I try creating a dashboard using web map (with the test geo feature layer) nothing is showing.  Does this have anything to do with using Portal? We a using 10.9.1 version of portal. I had a few surveys working a few months ago using Survey123 Connect v 3.18 and I didn't need to enable the settings to allow surveys to be edited or copied - I don't want my users to be able to do that. 

LS1_0-1705084549473.png

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @LS1

What are the settings on the feature service itself? If it matches the following allowing others to query will be disabled on the feature service causing the map viewer classic issue observed: 

ZacharySutherby_1-1705101024686.png

To resolve the issue you can set What features can editors see to either "Editors can see all features" or "Editors can only see their own features". You don't need to enable update or delete for "What kind of editing is allowed". 

Are you seeing the issue in Map Viewer or Map Viewer classic? 

ZacharySutherby_2-1705101180695.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos