Select to view content in your preferred language

Losing data when editing and resubmitting records in Sent folder

10-27-2023 11:20 AM
JamesKelly6
New Contributor II

When my users try to edit a record from their Sent folder, some of the fields show up as blank. They definitely weren't blank when they were submitted because they are required fields. Those fields have values in the feature layer also. The fields that show up as blank when editing from sent folder also all have a choice filter. However, not all fields in the survey with a choice filter are having this issue. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to rectify? Thanks! @DougBrowning @ZacharySutherby @IsmaelChivite 

5 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JamesKelly6

Would you be able to pass along your XLSForm with the questions experiencing the issue highlighted? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JamesKelly6
New Contributor II

@ZacharySutherby see attached. The stream and processor questions are where I am experiencing this issue. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I noticed your bind::esri:parameters column is empty. Have you tried setting query allowUpdates=true

abureaux_0-1698683367104.png

Also, you have duplicates in the name column. I assume you are only adding those to End Group or End Repeat, but I didn't check in detail. I would advice that you ensure all fields have a unique name. If you didn't know, you can leave the name column empty for End Group and End Repeat (and Note), which is what I'd suggest (but to each their own).

abureaux_1-1698683424656.png

Edit: I will add a couple more things that noticed in a quick scan:

• You are using reserved names in the name column. This may cause issues. Ideally, these should be renamed.
    abureaux_2-1698683748239.png
  • More of an information piece than an issue. You can remove the label for all calculate fields and system fields (see below). I wanted to mention this because it isn't apparently obvious, and the new Analyze Survey button doesn't even pick it up.
    abureaux_4-1698683838626.png
  • Similar to above, but reverse. You have a few notes with a name. Sometimes this is something you want to do as having a name means the note is added to the Feature Layer when submitted. But it isn't a requirement for notes to have a name. Again, this is just an information piece.
0 Kudos
JamesKelly6
New Contributor II

@ZacharySutherby any insights here?

0 Kudos
JamesKelly6
New Contributor II

@ZacharySutherby just following up to see if you have been able to take a look at my xlsform?

0 Kudos