Loading data into repeat

10-07-2019 06:59 PM
JohnBickmore
New Contributor III

I have a survey123 to capture tree inspections

I have 800ish trees and they have been inspected 3 or 4 times each so far and will be inspected yearly going forwards.

I have a repeat for the many inspections. i was hoping I could load the repeat table from a csv as this is existing data in xcell spreadsheets.

I thought this may work if i used the unique tree ID in the repeat table however it looks like it created a global id for each repeat record

Is there a way to paste in 3000ish tree inspections from a csv?? against the existing 700ish trees (obviously there are multiple inspections for each tree)???

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

I'm assuming that you want the load from the csv to be a one time data load.  If this is true you can.  It's a couple of steps and not altogether straight forward but works really well once you have it figured.

First.  You will need to load the main table with all the trees.  You then create a look up (in excel or elsewhere) that has a comparison between the GlobalID for the tree and the unique ID you reference in your surveys.

Secondly, you will create a GeoJSON load file for each of the inspections (make sure you use the name not the alias of the fields in your repeat table).  The lookup will be needed at this stage to ensure the Parent Global ID is referenced.

I've done this a number of times and it works quite well.

Good Luck

0 Kudos