Select to view content in your preferred language

Linked Content Web Map Not Loading in Field App when Using Tablets

Jump to solution
07-17-2024 04:51 AM
allgoeverzach
New Contributor

I linked a web map to my Survey123 forms using the linked content tab on Survey123 Connect. The map appears when I complete the survey using a laptop on both the field app and in my browser. But, when I use the field app or my browser on a phone or a tablet the default map layers still appear but my linked web map does not load. 

When I attempt to access the web map on my ArcGIS Online account from a phone or tablet (but not when using a laptop), a message says that "An error occurred loading this layer". I am sure that is related to why the map layer isn't loading on the field app either, but there is no indication of why this is the case.

Does anyone happen to know how I could get my web map to load on the field app when using a tablet?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @allgoeverzach

The "An error occurred loading this layer" message you're seeing in the browser is very likely related. Do you have a layer from an ArcGIS Enterprise environment in your ArcGIS Online web map? If so it may be possible that the ArcGIS Enterprise environment is behind your organizations firewall and your mobile devices may not be connected to the intranet when you're loading the map. The could be why your map loads fine on say your organization provided PC connected to the intranet but not on the mobile devices that are not connected to the intranet. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @allgoeverzach

The "An error occurred loading this layer" message you're seeing in the browser is very likely related. Do you have a layer from an ArcGIS Enterprise environment in your ArcGIS Online web map? If so it may be possible that the ArcGIS Enterprise environment is behind your organizations firewall and your mobile devices may not be connected to the intranet when you're loading the map. The could be why your map loads fine on say your organization provided PC connected to the intranet but not on the mobile devices that are not connected to the intranet. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos