Select to view content in your preferred language

Link Survey123 forms from existing feature service within attribute table

4 weeks ago
clawmacd
New Contributor

Hello ESRI Community,

I'm trying to link my surveys from an existing feature service layer by adding a link URL directly into the attribute table.  I found several topics but can't seem to find the right information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the link URL for? The survey itself? What kind of workflow are you trying to build here?

If you're trying to edit existing features with a form, all you need is the form URL and the globalID of the feature you're updating. If you're trying to pass feature attributes into a survey connected to a different layer, you can do that with an Arcade expression. Either way, there's not likely to be a reason to put the entire URL into the attribute table. But can you elaborate on what you're doing here?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
clawmacd
New Contributor

Certainly, and sorry for the late reply.

I have created three surveys from existing feature service layers, Culverts (points), Bridges (points), and Trails (lines).  The survey itself is technically a related table.  I can use the inbox to bring up surveys in my within a specific area, however, in order to complete a bridge, culvert and trail survey in the same area we need to jump between surveys.

The goal is to use Field Maps to access the surveys through the feature service's attribute table via survey link.  When I use the survey form URL, it brings up a blank survey and the features associated attributes in the attribute table are not there. 

I guess I'm wondering if there is a form URL that links to the individual features within the feature service.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain that very well, if you need more clarity please let me know.  This is for a client and I would like to find a solution.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris

0 Kudos