Select to view content in your preferred language

Limit number of times something can be selected

10-10-2023 08:37 AM
leahmaps
Occasional Contributor II

Hello! I am trying to make a survey with two options, let's say A and B. I want to limit the number of times people can choose these. For example, if  50 people select B, I want A to be the only option and make B not visible. Is that possible (even in connect)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Short answer is 'No'

Long answer is 'Maybe? But would require lots of extra work'

You would need something to track submissions and know when you hit your limit (e.g., 50 selections of A). Then, you would need your survey connected to an external dataset to know that your limit was reached. Then you would need to dynamically remove an item from your list (actually the easiest part of this process).

0 Kudos
leahmaps

So, this is something more complicated than a formula in Connect? It would be a nice feature to add if we don't have this! It would give the flexibility to make surveys that limit certain response types so if there is desire for a sign up, no one can overwhelm any one question (lets say time block, session, visitor, etc)

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Correct. This is, unfortunately, more complicated than a calculation in Connect. This does seem like a common request though, so would be nice if there was a "template" of sorts for this use-case.

0 Kudos
leahmaps

sad, although I did just submit it as an idea so feel free to kudos (and maybe get it as a functionality).

Here is the link

0 Kudos