Left and Right sides in a Likert format

Jump to solution
01-11-2021 03:08 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I am looking for advise/assistance in setting up a specific group in a survey. I am currently converting over a section from a legacy form, where personnel would observe/identify stream bank characteristics in the field. I am looking to make a survey where personnel can fill out select_one questions in a Likert format, but with an easy way to distinguish between either the left or right stream bank. I have already set up the bulk of this group, but given the fact that personnel need to distinguish between the left and right bank, each question is asked twice. Once for the left bank and once for the right bank (see attached photo). The need to distinguish between the two banks occurs in around 20 total questions.

Could any body give me advice on how to make this look/function best?

I have thought about having two groups, one for the left bank and one for the right, and have them side by side. But if I'm not mistaken, this would still require for the question to be asked twice, taking up valuable horizontal real estate. 

Help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

It sounds like you want to have 1 label for 2 questions.  The example in the image does that, though as you point out, it's not ideal for left/right presentation.  One possibility would be to use the grid theme and lay out the left and right questions next to each other - as they are asking identical questions, the labels will take up the same amount of horizontal space.  Here's a quick example, using the Likert appearance to force the choice labels onto 1 line:

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.11.03 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

It sounds like you want to have 1 label for 2 questions.  The example in the image does that, though as you point out, it's not ideal for left/right presentation.  One possibility would be to use the grid theme and lay out the left and right questions next to each other - as they are asking identical questions, the labels will take up the same amount of horizontal space.  Here's a quick example, using the Likert appearance to force the choice labels onto 1 line:

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 11.11.03 AM.png

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems like an excellent option! Thank you!

0 Kudos