Issues with the survey in Web form

12-05-2019 10:28 AM
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

I have noticed that there are some differences in surveys between web form and mobile version. 

1. For geo point, all of previous survey points are displayed. This is not observed in the mobile version though. Is there anyway that I can hide the existing survey points on the web version?

2. Iteration does not work. I made a survey go through 1-10 for every repeat, but it does not work in the web form. It works fine both in preview and mobile.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Could you provide screenshots and more details of the issues you listed above, so that we can understand what exactly you try to achieve?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

I got the reply in email but the screenshot is still missing. Amd the reply is also missing on GeoNet. Could you reply again with the screenshots and the content to GeoNet?

0 Kudos
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Hello Shwu-Jing, I am sorry for any inconvenience. I am not sure what happened to my previous reply. I hope this works!

The first image, you can see that there are some points displayed. they are from previous surveys. I am not sure why they are shown in the new survey form. Is this because of using web form?

and this image, you can tell this is the 2nd repeat (see the top-right corner). Plot number is supposed to be increase to match with this repeat, but it still shows 1 in web form.

Again, they all work fine as expected on mobile but web form. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Thanks and now I can see the screenshots. Did the issue occur with any version of web browsers you tried to access to the survey? Did you try chrome, firefox and Edge and encounter the same issue? What version of the suvey123 Connect you used to publish the survey? And what version of web app did you use to open the survey web form(the Settings page on the survey123 website)?

Is it possible you can share the link of the survey? Or you can send it to my email if you prefer?

0 Kudos
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Hi Shwu-jing, 

Thanks for your reply. Here are some update from my end.

Did the issue occur with any version of web browsers you tried to access to the survey? Did you try chrome, firefox and Edge and encounter the same issue?

==> For showing existing points, it does not show on Edge (did not try before), and not in Chrome (what I use usually) either. I am wondering if this happened because of cached images? I just tested again, opened feature layers and map, and then opened the survey again. But I do not see this issue anymore.

What version of the suvey123 Connect you used to publish the survey?

The current version I am using is 3.6.137

And what version of web app did you use to open the survey web form(the Settings page on the survey123 website)?

I was not aware of this so far. It's with 3.6 now. 

Is it possible you can share the link of the survey? Or you can send it to my email if you prefer?

I am not sure if I can send it, it's confidential now. I need to check with my supervisor.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the updates. It seems like there are some cache issue with your web browser. Good to know that you don't see the #1 issue anymore. 

How about issue#2? Could you still repro with the latest version of survey123 website(from Settings>Version and choose Always use the latest version)?

0 Kudos
JayH
by
New Contributor III

Yes, I still see the issue #2 - the auto increments are not applied in the web form view even after changing the setting to 3.7.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share the formulas you used for that auto increments field? Or share the xls form if possible?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay,

Could you confirm if you are using If count() inside a repeat for that problematic auto increments field? If so, this is an issue we are still working on and it's specific to the web form. If this is the issue you are running into, could you contact our Tech Support to log a issue so that we can priorize the fix?

0 Kudos