Issue with table-list inside of field-list group

Jump to solution
10-02-2019 12:28 PM
ShaneApplegate
New Contributor II

Is it possible to put a table-list group nested inside of a field-list group?

I have a form that uses the pages style that could benefit from certain questions being presented in a table-list. However, when I add the table-list group as a nested group, none of the questions inside the table-list will show up. 

If I remove the table-list group from the field-list group, the questions show up as expected. The attached .xlsx document is a test example of what I'd like to do 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shane,

No, this is currently not possible. The use of the table-list and field-list appearances together in the one survey form is not supported, however we are aware of this issue internally and it requires further development work.

I would encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shane,

No, this is currently not possible. The use of the table-list and field-list appearances together in the one survey form is not supported, however we are aware of this issue internally and it requires further development work.

I would encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

sjacobs
New Contributor

It seems like it's now possible to put table-list groups in field-lists in Connect, but it would be great if someone could verify.

sjacobs_3-1674758441149.png

Peren_Tuzkaya
New Contributor

I used the example table and it worked. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Shane,

As Phil mentioned, this issue requires further development work to implement fully. In the meantime, a survey will actually treat a 'table-list' appearance as a 'field-list' (ie it is displayed on a new page) when you have 'pages' applied in the settings tab of your XLSForm. I have modified your example and attached it to show you the potential workaround.

Brett

HBurkart
New Contributor

I've also attempted to create a survey using the Pages style with a table-list, single choice grid. This looks fine when previewing in Connect, but the formatting isn't displaying correctly on the web app (see image below). The formatting issue goes away when I remove the Pages style, but I prefer to be able to have multiple pages. Is there an easy solution for this?

HBurkart_0-1625847189798.png

0 Kudos
KerryGrimm
New Contributor II

Hello,

Did you every find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. I want multipel pages for my survey since there are about 30 questions, but some I want to have in the table-list, single choice grid form (which was possible in the web design version, but there were many others things I couldn't do in that format--hence connect). 

Thanks

Kerry  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @KerryGrimm,

As mentioned above the table-list and field-list appearances used together in the one survey form is not currently supported. This is something we have in our backlog and plan to work on in the future.

Regards,

Phil.

KerryGrimm
New Contributor II

Thanks. It will be a great addition when you do. In the meantime, I turned them into separate likert questions on the same page.

0 Kudos
tk060161
New Contributor II

Brett - Is there a way to rename the Page using this method?  It appears as Page 3 (depending on where it is in relation to the other pages). Thanks.

0 Kudos