Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with editing an exisitng survey123 response due to an invalid globalId parameter

Jump to solution
02-12-2024 12:58 PM
Jelle_Stu_PR
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I am having issues with editing a survey123 response. I try to edit a response in the web browser. The survey is open for responses and editing.

I get the error that editing is not possible because the globalid parameter is not provided. In the console I get the error that the globalid parameter is invalid.

Jelle_Stu_PR_2-1707771167921.png

From the screenshot you can see that the survey (published on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 with survey123 version 3.19) loads correctly. I have used the following URL scheme: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/<formID>?portalUrl=<portalURL>&mode=edit&globalId=<globalId> .

Anybody any idea why the globalid parameter is not recognized?

best,
Jelle Stuurman

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jelle_Stu_PR
Frequent Contributor

Together with ESRI support we have found the issue. Everytthing was set up correctly, but the settings were somehow not saved correctly. The edit settings on the hosted view tables (see screenshot below) were reconfigured by first turning the edit functions off and saving the settings.  And then turing it back 'on' (inlcuiding a refresh of my cache). This resynched the settings, after which the mode=edit worked and the globalid parameter was read correctly. 
Jelle_Stu_PR_0-1708099599359.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Jelle_Stu_PR

From the screen capture attached it looks like the i in globalId is lowercase. This looks to be what the console output is referencing as well. 

ZacharySutherby_0-1708044825828.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Frequent Contributor

Hi Zach,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried several variation of 'globalid'. None of them worked. 

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Frequent Contributor

Together with ESRI support we have found the issue. Everytthing was set up correctly, but the settings were somehow not saved correctly. The edit settings on the hosted view tables (see screenshot below) were reconfigured by first turning the edit functions off and saving the settings.  And then turing it back 'on' (inlcuiding a refresh of my cache). This resynched the settings, after which the mode=edit worked and the globalid parameter was read correctly. 
Jelle_Stu_PR_0-1708099599359.png

0 Kudos