Issue using my survey in browser, works fine in survey123 phone and computer

Jump to solution
09-04-2018 04:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am having a weird issue with my survey. It fails to submit when I use the browser and works just fine when I use my phone and PC. Any idea?

Here is the message I get from the logs on Portal:

The submitted field 'undefined' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'Carr_Fire_Assessment'.
19 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYI, I stripped away all relationship classes and it seems like it works without the relationship classes. It seems like I cannot use a feature service related table over in my browser.

0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue Alex. The project I'm working on decided to use the webform as the primary way to get input back from the public. No changes were made to survey, and after the August 30 update, now all I get is a 'Failed to Submit' banner at the top. The survey works great in the iOS app and desktop (field app). Using the latest version 3.0.142, I created a newly published survey and again it still fails to submit using web form and works in iOS and desktop (field app).

I ALSO have related tables containing a repeat question.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to know it is not only an issue with my project.

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

I am also having the same issue and using a repeat field. Did you find a solution?

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

If you published it in a version previous to 3.0.142, then resort back to the previous web app version (see screen shot below). If you published it using the latest version, James said a fix will be implemented next week. Patience is a virtue

Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

For once I had downloaded the latest version!

Unfortunately time isn't in my favour so I'll need to find a work around.

Thanks for the update

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anneka,

The Survey123 website has been updated to fix this issue - can you please attempt to use the current version?

ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks...it works now!

DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hey @JamesTedrick - this is an old thread, but I've recently come across this issue where the web form returns "Failed to submit." My form is only accessed via the web. It does have repeats, but was working for a long time until recently. For what it's worth, the data does end up in the feature service. I have a support case open, but we still haven't been able to pin down the issue. A copy of the existing survey works fine. I don't want to replace it because we have a number of apps pointing at this feature service. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

You may have success resorting back to the original published version of the survey from your 'my surveys' page.

0 Kudos