Is there a way to display the 'name' field rather than the 'label' field as the field name in the output?

Jump to solution
03-03-2017 11:22 AM
ClaudiaK
New Contributor

My survey has quite a number of duplicate questions for different subjects?  To avoid numerous identical field names, is there a way to set the field names in the resulting output to the 'name' field rather than the 'label' field? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

First thing, your output fields are actually all named differently, it sounds as if the output field aliases that are displayed are all the same. To fix this, if you are creating your form in Survey123 Connect there is a column called bind::esrifieldAlias (column W). I haven't tested this but if you put the field name in this column where you want the name rather than the label (alias) it should do just that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

First thing, your output fields are actually all named differently, it sounds as if the output field aliases that are displayed are all the same. To fix this, if you are creating your form in Survey123 Connect there is a column called bind::esrifieldAlias (column W). I haven't tested this but if you put the field name in this column where you want the name rather than the label (alias) it should do just that.

ClaudiaK
New Contributor

Thanks, that did the trick

0 Kudos