Is there a way to allow for deletion of a Survey Form remotely from a user’s device?

04-11-2023 07:37 AM
Agata
by
New Contributor II

In Survey123 Connect - Mobile Forms, is there an option to either delete the survey from a user’s device, block the survey so that it can’t be used at all, or have the survey form expire so that it does not work, so the user can’t open the form. And how would i be able to create a warning message that notifies the user, that the form is no longer valid or active.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Agata

It is not possible for form authors to remotely delete surveys from the field app. What can be done to block the survey from being used at all is to un-share the form. If the survey is no longer shared with the user any submission will fail. 

As for adding a warning message you can add a note to the survey description in Connect and that will display in the Survey123 field app. This assumes the user has the latest version of the form which can be guaranteed by enabling the setting to require update to the latest version of the survey. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Agata
by
New Contributor II

Thank you! That is what I thought. My form is quite long and the user will not realize they don't have access to it until they try to submit. I will try to come up with a "user check" at the beginning of the form, upon failure a note is displayed to the user that they don't have access to the form anymore. Is there a way to have a pop-up in Survey123 form?

0 Kudos