Is it possible to hide the survey submit date but have the date show up in the data?

Jump to solution
04-06-2020 12:02 PM
LyleShakespear
New Contributor III

I have a very simple survey that i've created. I have added a date and time question to the survey to record the date and time that they survey was completed.  However, I don't want to give users the option to change this entry.  I have it set to default to ()now.  I'd really like this question to be hidden so the user can't see it at all.

After looking for solutions, I thought the answer was to make this a hidden question.  So I opened the survey in Connect and changed the 'type' to hidden.  I also changed the bind::esri:fieldType to esriFieldTypeDate. 

It did hide the field from the survey but now when I process the survey results in the data tab, there are no dates showing up.  Those entries are empty. 

Can anyone tell me why the date is not longer showing and how I might fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lyle,

Normally, Survey123 will record the submit date time through feature layer editor tracking (which records when a feature was created in the feature service).  You can also include either a start or end question in your survey, which will record the time the survey was started or completed, respectively.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lyle,

Normally, Survey123 will record the submit date time through feature layer editor tracking (which records when a feature was created in the feature service).  You can also include either a start or end question in your survey, which will record the time the survey was started or completed, respectively.

0 Kudos