Install Survey123 (Windows 10) for ALL Users?

05-16-2018 05:56 PM
CJH
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

How do I install Survey123 for ArcGIS on a desktop PC with Windows 10 for ALL users? It looks like it is only available for the single user who installed it? This won't work for us because I need to install it for all users of the PC (the other users of the PC will not have privileges to download and install software). Any assistance on how to administer this on multiple desktop PCs for multiple users would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

CJ

Tags (1)
6 Replies
CJH
by
New Contributor II

Any assistance with this would be appreciated. Is it possible for me to install the Windows version of Survey123 for ALL users of a PC? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know the answer to this, or why it's restricted to per-user installation only? We to restrict users from installing apps even in their own profile, and have a requirement for many people to use S123. Having IT to have to do that many installs will have us looking to another vendor. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is also funny is I can install as a non admin but I cannot uninstall.  On top of that each new install will not go over the top for some reason so I have to make a new install dir every single time.  So now I have like 10 listed in my programs and not even a way to tell them apart.

Also forcing the My Survey Designs into a spot that is not backed up by normal IT backups is just plain weird.  Why not put it under My Documents at least?  I have already lost my forms once because of this.

I also think we really need the ability to just point to a dir of surveys anywhere and be able to switch between them.  So I can have 1 for CO, UT, etc.  Also this makes dual admins impossible. If I am out of town no one else can change the survey.  We just cannot have this as a business.

If 123 wants to move to being "enterprise class" these things are critical.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Thomas,

This is an aspect of AppStudio - the applications are installed by default in the user's directory.  There is an enhancement to allow applications to be installed in other locations and to support over-the top install in the future.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello James,

any chance you have the Enhancement number for this?

Regards,

DLL

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Diego,

There is not an existing Esri Support (ENH-) enhancement; what I referred to in the previous comment is internally logged.