Insert Attachments (images) in a Summary Report created in Survey123 Website BUG

02-23-2022 03:08 AM
AngelRomoSandoval
Occasional Contributor

I have created a Report template with the following structure:

$<$summary>

[...]

${#SurveyName}${FotoAttachment}${/}

[...]

$</>

Until yesterday, 21/02/2022 it worked fine but with the 22/02/2022 release, I got this error:

Fehler: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${FotoAttachment} since printing a map/image or accessing attachment binary is not allowed when iterating records inside a summary section.

13 Replies
EmilynMabini
New Contributor II

Hi Esri Support,

Is there any updates on this? 

I've included our sample Report Template and its results, which previously worked perfectly but is now unavailable. We intended to produce a report that would present a summary of photos taken during a disaster inside an iteration (related tables).

Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${Photo_Attachment1 | size: 400:0} since printing a map/image or accessing attachment binary is not allowed when iterating records inside a summary section.

Report Template:Executive_Summary_Template-Live.docx

Output: DiSiRe_version_2.0_for_Training_7_records_20210827013428.docx

Thank you. 

JavierCMartínezPrieto
Occasional Contributor

Hello @EmilynMabini 
I'm in the same situation and it's been a month without any solution.
the most curious thing is that if the report was uploaded before the update this continues to work without problem. now if it is a new report does not allow the photos in the repetitions, so I understand the update has only loaded the fact of uploading the report and pass the syntax review, because if not I still do not understand why the old ones are valid and the new ones are not .... in short I hope it is fixed in the next update because currently there are many reports that have lost the utility they had.

Regards

Javier C. Martinez Prieto
LMedeirosUI
Occasional Contributor

@ZhifangWang @ChrisLandvogt Will this issue be addressed? The summary function allows people to group and collect data over time without having to scroll through multiple individual records. I use S123 to collect data on the same 100 individuals over the course of a year (or longer). Each individual is uniquely identified, but not sampled in the same order. I use the summary report to group the data by the unique ID and sort it by date. Many of the dates have attached images, which are crucial to my work of following morphological changes over time. The individual reports do not allow me to organize my data in such a way that is useful. Please bring back the ability to include images in summary reports.

If individual reports can be used in the manner I am describing, please let me know. I have attached my form and summary report below. Ideally I would replace the photo name with the actual photo image.

0 Kudos
DuncanC
New Contributor III

Is this a bug or a limitation ESRI intends to be in place? Was any work around found?

0 Kudos