Input mask not working correctly on Android, works correctly on iOS, Windows

435
6
Jump to solution
04-24-2018 12:43 PM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Trying to use the following input mask in a S123 form. All apps are v 2.7.98

00.00000

It works fine on iOS and in Windows, but it doesn't work correctly on Android. If I type the following sequence of characters I get different results in iOS/Windows vs. Android.

1234567

iOS Windows is the expected behavior and results in 12.34567

Android results in 12.4567

If I type 12.34567 in the Android app, it works correctly, but forces the user to enter the decimal point. If I type the same sequence in iOS/Windows, it still returns the expected result.

Tags (1)
Reply
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

John,

Got it figured out. The type was set to text instead of decimal in the type column of the xlsx. This resulted in different behaviors depending on what os was being used. 

The reason why we used text instead of decimal was because of some original issues we encountered related to the following thread

https://community.esri.com/thread/184089-using-a-mask-makes-the-input-required-even-when-the-atribut... 

But it appears everything works as expected when the type is changed to decimal. The input mask shows up as red, but since it is not a required field, the survey submits without any issues.

Thanks for making me scratch my head some more.

Jimmy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James

This does not affect all Android devices.

Can you share the Android version and device you are using?

Thanks

John

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi John,

I've been able to confirm this on the following devices:

Pixel 2 - Android 8.1.0

Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2D tablets - Android  6.0.1

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Jimmy.

We have the same device and OS build here and still can't replicate this. Can you try my test survey just to rule the form out: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/180424d9211a46b1b8793a6c4af9aa61?open=native 

Thanks

John

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi John, thanks for the continued follow-up. When I access your survey, I'm not seeing the decimal field in the input box (survey is named BUG_languages). So, I'm wondering if maybe the wrong survey link got sent or if we're talking about a different input mask. I've pasted in the bind and input elements from the form xml just to confirm we're talking about the same thing. If you need the whole survey, just let me know.

<bind esri:fieldType="esriFieldTypeDouble" nodeset="/D2_SWFL_Soil/wet_soil_lat" type="string"/>

<input esri:inputMask="00.00000" ref="/D2_SWFL_Soil/wet_soil_lat">
<label>Wet Soil Latitude</label>
<hint>Enter the latitude of the nearest wet soil.</hint>
</input>

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James -  survey link updated in comment above, please test this and also attach your survey if possible.

Thanks

John

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

John,

Got it figured out. The type was set to text instead of decimal in the type column of the xlsx. This resulted in different behaviors depending on what os was being used. 

The reason why we used text instead of decimal was because of some original issues we encountered related to the following thread

https://community.esri.com/thread/184089-using-a-mask-makes-the-input-required-even-when-the-atribut... 

But it appears everything works as expected when the type is changed to decimal. The input mask shows up as red, but since it is not a required field, the survey submits without any issues.

Thanks for making me scratch my head some more.

Jimmy

View solution in original post