Including responses not collected within the repeat within the repeat tags of a report

02-13-2018 03:15 AM
IngridAldridge1
New Contributor III

I am working through the configuration of a report.  Previously I had the report working so that fields (key identifier fields) were included within multiple locations of the report.  Significantly, I have a few repeat sections and the values need to be displayed within those sections.  This was working but seems to no longer work since the last update.  Has something changed and I need to reformat the report or is no longer possible? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have attached the relevant section of the report and the survey

Thank you,

Ingrid Aldridge

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ingrid,

Just letting you know I am looking into this issue and will get back to you. I have been able to replicate using a simple survey. Now we just need to consider why it worked before and why it doesn't now, and what is the correct and expected behaviour based on the structure of parent and related tables and how that should be represented in reports.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ingrid,

Just letting you know that the functionality of using a placeholder inside a repeat which originated outside of the repeat was never by design or an intended use case in the custom print report templates. In the recent update to the custom print report templates to improve placeholder processing, this functionality no longer works as it did before.

A new enhancement request has been raised to enable this functionality and we aim to have it available in a future release update to the website.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos