Select to view content in your preferred language

inbox map custom marker

Jump to solution
11-15-2022 02:29 AM
BertKraan1
Frequent Contributor

Survey123 connect 3.16.106

I can update the marker in the geopoint part of the form using symbol=pin.png in body::esri:style after adding the png to the media folder. Works like a charm.

But I would like to update the blue markers in the inbox map so they cover less of my underlying symbology. I've found a style column in the settings tab but symbol=pin doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody know how to do this? Is it possible at all?

Thanks for your time,

Bert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BertKraan1

It is not currently possible to set a custom marker symbol appearance for the Inbox map. We have ENH-000123894 logged to support this functionality in the future. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BertKraan1

It is not currently possible to set a custom marker symbol appearance for the Inbox map. We have ENH-000123894 logged to support this functionality in the future. 

Thank you,
Zach
Clint
by
Emerging Contributor

Has this been fixed?  We have many power poles that need inspected and need a way for those out in the field to be able to identify what poles they have or have not inspected.  

0 Kudos
admincrew
Occasional Contributor

I have similar but different issue in a feature report from Survey123 and it has not been solved. I tried to define the symbology in the feature layer created by my Survey123 form and it ended up very weird. I defined the symbology in the feature layer but when I ran the report, the default symbology (yellow outline, red circle) would show up WITH the symbology I chose. In other words, both symbols were mashed together. I worked with Esri Technical support and understand it is connected with the enhancement ENH-000123894

This only happens if you change the syntax in the report template to something like ${location | size:650:650 | drawingInfo:“currentLayer”}

admincrew_1-1711362575598.png

Default report output if you define the symbology in the feature layer

admincrew_0-1711362531326.png

0 Kudos