Select to view content in your preferred language

inbox map custom marker

Jump to solution
11-15-2022 02:29 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

Survey123 connect 3.16.106

I can update the marker in the geopoint part of the form using symbol=pin.png in body::esri:style after adding the png to the media folder. Works like a charm.

But I would like to update the blue markers in the inbox map so they cover less of my underlying symbology. I've found a style column in the settings tab but symbol=pin doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody know how to do this? Is it possible at all?

Thanks for your time,

Bert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BertKraan1

It is not currently possible to set a custom marker symbol appearance for the Inbox map. We have ENH-000123894 logged to support this functionality in the future. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BertKraan1

It is not currently possible to set a custom marker symbol appearance for the Inbox map. We have ENH-000123894 logged to support this functionality in the future. 

Thank you,
Zach
Clint
by
New Contributor II

Has this been fixed?  We have many power poles that need inspected and need a way for those out in the field to be able to identify what poles they have or have not inspected.  

0 Kudos
admincrew
New Contributor II

I have similar but different issue in a feature report from Survey123 and it has not been solved. I tried to define the symbology in the feature layer created by my Survey123 form and it ended up very weird. I defined the symbology in the feature layer but when I ran the report, the default symbology (yellow outline, red circle) would show up WITH the symbology I chose. In other words, both symbols were mashed together. I worked with Esri Technical support and understand it is connected with the enhancement ENH-000123894

This only happens if you change the syntax in the report template to something like ${location | size:650:650 | drawingInfo:“currentLayer”}

admincrew_1-1711362575598.png

Default report output if you define the symbology in the feature layer

admincrew_0-1711362531326.png

0 Kudos