Images not loading in Survey123

09-06-2018 09:04 AM
YvetteFreake1
New Contributor II

When I publish a survey that has an 'image' type question with the appearance set to 'annotate' and a default image is included the image won't load on the browser app. I've tried on multiple computers/devices and every time I get the same message as below. Anyone know why this might be? I've tried the template provided in the community file that has all of the information already inputted and when I publish that template the images still won't load. I've double checked all the file names and everything matches including the case of the file names and extensions. Seems to be a problem with the actual browser app. I've attached a photo of the error message I'm receiving. I appreciate any assistance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yvette,

This is a known issue with default values and annotation at this time.  We plan to address this as quickly as we are able to.

0 Kudos
YvetteFreake1
New Contributor II

Hello again,

Has this issue been addressed in the Survey123 3.1 update? I've attempted to access the survey on the web browser at this time and still do not get a default image loading.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NoeNugraeni
New Contributor

Hi James Tedrick

Any update on this one?

I am using 3.6 and encountered same issue as Yvette. My image was loaded OK when I added under media::image. However for annotate or draw purpose, neither worked on web form when I added under default nor calculation column. It works fine on survey123 dekstop app and android phone but not the web form.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noe,

We ran into a couple of unexpected issues at the time of this post.  We are still planning to provide this, but do not have a definite release date in line yet.

0 Kudos
MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Resurrecting this post - I have loaded a few images into the media folder of my survey as well as set the relevant paths to them in the media::image column of the survey in Survey123 Connect. I am hoping to provide reference photos either as an expandable group of notes, or as mini images next to their item in a select_multiple. On my computer, both methods work fine and the images generate as expected. However, after publishing the survey, no images load on the phone-side of the app (iPhone 11 and 14), but there are obvious blank spots where the images should be.

Was this ever resolved?

0 Kudos
MarkGambordella
New Contributor III

Running into a similar issue with 3.16.110 .    Images associated with a question will not show up in web browser or smart phone after having been republished from survey123 connect?

Did you find a workaround or hear of if the issue was resolved in some way?

0 Kudos
BrandonKrejckant
New Contributor II

Hey all,

I had a similar issue. I use our organizational logo at the top of all our surveys. In the XLS form i use the "note" field, the name is all lower case of course, and leave the label blank. I then copy the photo i want to the media folder of the survey destination location, then under "media::image" i always copy the photo name and paste. Well, it always works on all mobile devices and works on the survey123 windows app, BUT never shows up in a web browser. I found the solution to my problem which was an ESRI tech article from May 2022. The medie::image field must match exactly WITH file extensions, this i did not know. I changed added the file extension (open properties of the photo, copy entire title), pasted in media::image and now my image appears when opened in a web browser. Please see below for the tech article from ESRI i used. Hope this helps someone! (survey connect version 3.17.54)

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021388

0 Kudos