Image Question using Browse method

06-20-2021 08:58 PM
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

When I browse for an image, one folder, in particular, has image thumbnails that are grayed out. Images are copied from a drone to a laptop, to a folder created inside the DCIM folder.

How can I find out why the images in this folder in particular on this particular tablet appear to be unavailable for selectability? Both of the folders in the image attached are inside the DCIM folder.

RogerFarmer1_0-1624247640449.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RogerFarmer1,

Can you confirm the tablet make/model and OS version you are seeing this on?

Also, can you provide a copy of an image from each folder, one that works and one that does not?

If you manually copy the images from the folder not working, to the folder that does work, are those images selectable?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thank you for the reply. I am following up with the user on the questions you have raised.

I also get the impression from the user that they have been successfully attaching images for a few days in a certain way, and then it 'breaks' and they have to find a work-around. (I am trying to get clarification on this).

Incidentally, I did crank up S123 field app on Windows with the 'offending' tablet connected via USB to the computer and was successfully able to attach images from the folder that the tablet could not because it displayed them grayed-out.

I should explain that the images are captured from a drone being controlled by an iPhone, then the images are downloaded to a laptop, then copied to a folder on the Android tablet, then the images are being attempted to be attached to a survey using the browse method from the folder created by the copy from laptop to tablet process.

Cheers,

Roger.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RogerFarmer1,

Thanks for the additional info, do you know the folder path they are copied to the Android tablet, is it on the internal storage or an SD card, and how many subfolders and in which root folder?

Also the file types (extensions) and size woudl be great to know too?

Phil.

0 Kudos
RogerFarmer1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Folder: Internal Storage\DCIM\<sourcefolder>

Extension:  .jpg

Size: about ranges about 4-9MB

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RogerFarmer1,

Thanks, that folder path should work as expected and not be an issue. And interesting you say sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Do you have a copy of the images I could test with?

Phil.

0 Kudos