image media in a note does not show up when language is changed. Why?

10-27-2020 06:05 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

We need to show logos in our survey. The images in the media folder and named in the media column work fine in Vietnamese but in english show a broken image link.

https://arcg.is/1D8zPm 

this does not happen in survey123 connect, but happens in survey123 windows and iOS as well as the embedded survey (https://space-science.wwf.de/fgms-vietnam/ ). The image is clearly there, seems to be a bug with the language setting?

the survey123 link is: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=12318b0373c1455cb77e8c651cf3f017

anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (2)
8 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelie,

Could you share the XLSForm and the associated media folder with us to test in house?

The form seemed to load fine with survey123 field app(worked on both windows OS and iPhone8).

But I can see the log is missing on the webform.

Could you clarify that the issue only occur with webform but not the field app at your end?

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro

Thank you for your response!

and you are right - the logo does works in the survey123 app, but not on the browser version when set to english.

Here is the XLS For,. FGMS_Vietnam.xls

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Your image will show if you add media columns for each of the languages you want to support. For example:

media::image::English (en)

media::image:tiếng Việt (vi)

Just like the label columns, your media columns also need its own column for every language supported. You can choose to display the same logo across all languages, or reference language-specific logos.

AurelieShapiro

aha! I didn't realize I would have to add that field, thank you so much!

but for the record - I only needed to add the English media field. When I added both the english and vietnamese, one language wouldn't work (even when i removed the media::image field) - so the proper workflow is to add only one of the language columns.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelie,

What Ismael mentioned about is documented on our online Help here:

Manage multiple languages—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation 

Once you have reference the image for each language, they will display correctly on thr web form.

0 Kudos
DavidBenítez
New Contributor

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issues, the survey works fine in the field app, but it doesn't work in the web form: changing the language in the browser settings (chrome) doesn't change the image displayed. The survey link is: https://arcg.is/mm4q4. The note containing the images is the survey header, maybe that explains why the proposed solution doesn't work? I followed the instructions in Manage multiple languages—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation and also tried Aurelie remark, to no avail. Any help is welcome, i have also shared the XLSForm and the associated media, just in case. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
DavidBenítez
New Contributor

Hi, I've tried changing the generated_note type from header to title in the XLSForm and it works now as expected. It does have the disadvantage that the image does not occupy the entire width, but it works and that is enough.

Regards

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidBenítez  In Survey123 3.16 a change was made to the name of the notes fields created in Survey123 Connect when downloading surveys published from the web designer. 

• The form title, survey description, and image header are now written to a note question in the XLSForm named generated_note_form_title when publishing a survey.

This is mentioned in our What's new documentation as well. This change should resolve the issues you had with the header image not showing up in web app when changing the language. 

Best,

MJ

0 Kudos