IE 11 not working/being slow Survey123

02-15-2019 11:22 AM
KassandraRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

I saw that Survey123 supports IE11 but it's being awfully slow or we're getting an error saying "arcgis.com is not responding due to a long running script" in submitting the form. I have a repeat within it as well as 2 cvs attached for pull data. My other forms that have no repeats or pull data work fine. I've cleared the cache for IE and it all works fine in chrome and firefox. I'm asking because unfortunately it's our default browser and most of the older generation use it and I want confirm if this is the issue. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kassandra,

This is a known issue with IE11 large CSV choice lists used via pulldata() or external choice lists. Unfortunately this is due to the way the IE11 browser currently work that it can not successfully load this data, however all other browsers we support do not have this issue.

I have added your comments to the bug in our system, and will provide any updates if a fix becomes available.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ReetsangMothibi
New Contributor

Good day,

Have there been any developments on this? Maybe a work-around?

Tsholo

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Reetsang,

No, there have been further no developments with IE11 browser and slow loading or crashing. the workaround is to use a different browser (Chrome or Firefox) if you are using large choice lists. Other browsers appear to handle these large lists better.

Phil.

0 Kudos