I cant see new fields

12-28-2018 08:02 AM
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi,

I added 3 new fields to survey123. The user who added those fields can see them on arcgis online while other users can't see them. is it a permission problem?

Any ideas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

Can you please elaborate on how you added the 3 new fields? Were they added via Survey123 Connect and re-publishing the survey or did you add them via the Web Designer on the Survey123 website? Or did you add them directly to feature layer via ArcGIS Online? What version of Survey123 Connect and Field App are you using?

If you shared the survey via the Collaborate settings on website, and this was done before you added the 3 new fields, you may need to delete and re-create the views that are associated with the feature service so that the views are updated.

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Hi,

I added the new fields on Survey 123 connect version 3.1.126 and republish the form. What do you mean by:

If you shared the survey via the Collaborate settings on website, and this was done before you added the 3 new fields, you may need to delete and re-create the views that are associated with the feature service so that the views are updated.

How can I delete and create the views in order to update it.

Best,

Oussama

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Oussama,

Did you add the 3 new fields to the parent layer (main part of survey) or to a related table (repeat section)? And by deleting and updating the view I mean the following:

1. Navigate to your survey folder in Content in ArcGIS Online. Delete the stakeholder and fieldworker view if they exist:

2. Then go to the survey123.arcgis.com website and re-share your survey using the Collabarte tab and changing the settings under Submitter and Viewer. This will re-create the views in the survey folder in ArcGIS Online and should now include the new fields you added via Connect:

Hope this helps.

Phil.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

Thanks very helpful

Sent from my iPhone