Select to view content in your preferred language

I cannot click on a point in Fieldmaps after creating it in Survey123

Jump to solution
06-29-2023 03:24 AM
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi all

I am experimenting with Survey123 and creating some points on a web map. When I load this web map into Fieldmap with the survey123 points created for some reason I cannot click on any of them, which is a vital part of the survey123 process. I have had a look through the setting and I cannot figure out why I wouldnt be able to click on the points to view their attributes

Anyone has any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated!

All the best

-Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi there

Thank you for all the information, on the back of this message I have decided to open a ticket with ESRI 

Thank you

-Ed

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Are pop-ups enabled for this specific layer? It is a setting in the web map.

Configure pop-ups (Map Viewer)—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

0 Kudos
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Andreas

Yes I believe I have that enabled correct, let me know

EdHixson_0-1688036072362.png

ATB

-Ed

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Is it in Field Maps or Survey123 you are trying to open the pop-ups?

0 Kudos
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Fieldmaps

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Have you tried updating the map in Field Maps?

0 Kudos
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have, I have duplicated the form, re-published etc. Nothing seems to allow me to press the points

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

So the pop-up work in Map Viewer but not anymore when you open the map in Field Maps? I cannot figure out what could be the case for that behavior, sorry.

0 Kudos
EdHixson
Occasional Contributor

Yeah thats whats happening. Ah okay, no worries, thank you for trying

-Ed

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you:

• Share the XLSForm and more info on how the survey was published e.g. Connect version. This will help identify issues with your layer.
  • confirm the versions of Survey123 Connect, Survey123 field app and ArcGIS Field Maps?
  • Clarify if the behaviour occurs on multiple devices and platforms e.g. android, iOS
  • Add the Hosted Feature Layer to a new map. Enable pop-ups. Confirm it works in map viewer. Save the map, and see if the issue occurs in Field Maps.
  • If it does, capture logs in Field Maps, take screenshots/videos, and make sure you have a ticket with Esri support. They'll be able to work with you and take a direct look at your map (vs us, the public)

People have had this issue in the past and it's been tied to bugs (now fixed) or incompatibility. The latter there isn't much of anymore and was generally tied to map viewer classic vs new, or collector / field maps.
Hard to see issues if you are using a recent version of Survey123 and Field Maps, not doing any cutting-edge html/Arcade expressions, and don't have invalid design (e.g. reserved words or bad geometry).

0 Kudos