How to set a background color on a label?

12-06-2016 11:57 AM
ScottMoore__Olympia_
Esri Contributor

I have a survey that looks something like this on paper:

I am trying to emulate it in Survey123, but the one with the yellow background color doesn't work because the font tag doesn't support it.  Is there a way to do this using CSS?  I also tried the <mark> tag and it doesn't seem to work. 

9 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

We currently don't support setting the background color on a label.  We've logged it as a potential enhancement for Survey123.  Let me know if you have more questions!

ScottMoore__Olympia_
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, James.  Also, I wanted to point out that the font information is being rendered as text in the Survey123 web app.  See the photo:

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks Scott, I've logged this as an issue.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott, 

Before we have enhancement to display the html tags directly in individual response, would you mind to try out our new report feature? https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/07/26/introducing-custom-form-report-templates... 

I think the report feature can fulfill your need too.

0 Kudos
ScottMoore__Olympia_
Esri Contributor

Survey123 already supports setting the font tag in the app for the choices.  The web app needs to apply the tag as well, not just display the html as text.  The report templates won't help here.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

it does the same when exporting to PDF .logged this back in 9.8.17 as BUG-000107912

0 Kudos
JackOrenstein
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Regarding the Background color on a Label - is this enhancement almost completed? seems like was logged in about 9 months ago?  it is really an important one, in order to help the Users experience.

Thanks,

Jack 

JamesTedrick

Hi Jack,

HTML styling for labels will be available in the next release of the web form.

0 Kudos
JackOrenstein
New Contributor III

Thank you so much James; would be very helpful for users. Appreciate it.

Jack

Jack Orenstein

Enterprise Architect & GIS Lead - Geographic Information System

IT Architecture & Information Management

Habitat for Humanity International

270 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30303

office: · (404) 733-3147 · cell: 678-350-1060 · jorenstein@habitat.org<mailto:jorenstein@habitat.org>

0 Kudos