How to save Label OR Name from a select_one?

Jump to solution
01-08-2020 09:25 PM
DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've been developing survey forms in Survey123 for awhile now, and from the start I was under the impression that the choice tab had a "Label" column for the display of your questions/list in the form, and a "Name" column for the answer that would actually be saved from the survey. At least, I've been designing all my select_one questions with this in mind. 

I just noticed however that the data saved in my corresponding feature layers on AGOL contain the Label in those fields, rather than the Name. Is this the intended function of the Label and Name columns in the choice tab and I've just been misinterpreting them? 

I've also tried using jr:choice-name as a calculation in another field to try pulling and saving the Name rather than the Label, and this doesn't seem to work either. Both fields end up with the Label saved in the feature layer. At this point I'm starting to get confused on what the actual function of the Name field is if it isn't being displayed OR saved and exported. 

Any clarification or tips on how to control which parts of my choice lists are getting saved to the feature layer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dusty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They are both there.  Name is in the data.  Then a domain is created with the label.  You are seeing the domain value.

If you want the name tell ArcMap or whatever you are using you do not want to see the domain value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

They are both there.  Name is in the data.  Then a domain is created with the label.  You are seeing the domain value.

If you want the name tell ArcMap or whatever you are using you do not want to see the domain value.

DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Doug! 

I figured I was just missing something. All is well now.

-Dusty

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

NP.  It all makes sense in Pro or ArcMap but the web map is really lacking.

In the web map I really wish you could switch between data and domain value. 

Also wish you could switch between field alias and field name.  Esp with 123 there may be 5 fields all saying Photo Name.

Zoom to selected, the list goes on.

The web map is long overdue for an overhaul.  It has been pretty much the same for like 10 years now.  Not the 123 teams deal of course.

0 Kudos