How to Properly Configuring "Open URL" in Collector to open Survey.

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 10:28 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

arcgis-survey123://itemID=732b76072fa942198a1c656644e4647d&center=34.0547155,-1171961714&field:location=Home

I have configured a "OpenUrl" as seen above.  While it opens Survey 123 from Collector, it does not direct to the specific survey and autofill the location with "Home" via the ItemID and field:location

I have taken the ItemID from the link below...

Am I missing something?  I am logged into both Collector and Survey 123 with the same organizational account.

Is there any other documentation.  AppStudio has some but it is limited.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

you got everything in your URL correct, but the itemID, center and field parameters will not be honored until the release of version 1.6, which is scheduled to be available the week of July 25.

Ismael

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CarlHolt
New Contributor III

I would love to know more about this functionality if you have time to explain?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

you got everything in your URL correct, but the itemID, center and field parameters will not be honored until the release of version 1.6, which is scheduled to be available the week of July 25.

Ismael

TL2
by

Ismael,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think I can wait a week .

Additionally,

Right now it appears like you must include actual field item instead of the field name.  For instance, &field:location=Home with "Home" in the actual URL.  In the future will we be able to put field names such as &field:location=[location] (where [location] is a field name in collector) so that when you select the hyperlink (in the pop-up) it dynamically selects and what is in the field from the particular feature? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TL2
by

Ismael,

Does this functionality work with Portal with the release of 1.6?

arcgis-survey123://itemID=3303115589ec4a789ba3e75f5cf31857&center=34.0547155,-1171961714&field:Operator=Tennis_Court

I get my ItemID from the Form in portal.

I am getting a "Survey Not Found" error.  I have upgraded to 1.6 on Iphone and Connect 1.6 for desktop.  Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The URL Scheme  you have looks correct, but I cannot check if the itemID exists in your Portal. The item will only be opened if you already have it downloaded it in the app. That is, Survey123 1.6 will not be smart enough to go and download the referenced survey, it will only open it if present.

0 Kudos
Guidovan_der_Kolk1
New Contributor II

Hi Ismael,

Expanding on the original question

• is it possible to open the Survey123 app from another app (for instance Collector), open a specific survey and populate a field (for instance "work order id" or "object id", that exists in the other app)? This way we could relate an inspection form to an asset or work order.
  • would an "OpenURL" be te best way to go about this?  If so, how would you build the expression to make this work?
  • could you maybe create some documentation or a blog about this if this is indeed possible? Or just documentation/a blog about building "Open URL" expressions to work with Survey123. It would help us a great deal!
Guidovan_der_Kolk1
New Contributor II

I've tried to do this using the same expression on a form in my AGOL:

arcgis-survey123://itemID=14b52d0cf8034975bc193751c67df72e

for this form:

Knipsel.JPG

In the Survey123 App I've downloaded the form from the link and I'm on version 1.6.x of the app. When I try to open the link on my device (iPad) it does open the Survey123 app but I get the following error:

screenshot.PNG

Anyone else get the same error or got it working? Anything I'm doing wrong?

TL2
by

I am experiencing the same issue (portal).

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi.

It looks like you are missing the question mark right before the parameters. Have a look at this post:Understanding Survey123's custom URL Scheme I hope it helps.

Ismael