Select to view content in your preferred language

How to connect to forms to update them?

Jump to solution
10-12-2022 12:15 PM
wolverine1
New Contributor

I am currently trying to make edits to a form that has already been published within ArcGIS. I am not the owner of this form, however I was given the form's XLS file. I have made all my edits in Survey123 Connect, but when I publish them, it creates a separate form. 

I have been trying various ways to connect the XLS file to the online form, but have had little progress. I was told that the XLS file needs to have the online form's ID in it order for it to sync. I am not sure how to find the online ID or where to put it. How do I accomplish this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

In Survey123 Connect, sign in with the user account that owns the form. Download the survey in Survey123 Connect. You can then update the XLSForm by launching the XLSX file or opening the folder with it via survey123 connect.

Ensure you pay close attention to any publishing warnings, i.e. if you are making schema changes that would require the feature service to be deleted as part of the publish. 

If you are doing this, check that the survey still exists in the folder it was originally published in. If you have renamed it or moved the form item it may not recognize it exists. You can open the .iteminfo file in the Survey123 Connect survey folder to find this info

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

In Survey123 Connect, sign in with the user account that owns the form. Download the survey in Survey123 Connect. You can then update the XLSForm by launching the XLSX file or opening the folder with it via survey123 connect.

Ensure you pay close attention to any publishing warnings, i.e. if you are making schema changes that would require the feature service to be deleted as part of the publish. 

If you are doing this, check that the survey still exists in the folder it was originally published in. If you have renamed it or moved the form item it may not recognize it exists. You can open the .iteminfo file in the Survey123 Connect survey folder to find this info

wolverine1
New Contributor

I would not be able to access the online form ID and paste it into my own account without logging in to the creator's account, correct?