How to combine submission and form email hyperlink??

09-13-2017 12:24 PM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

My form is able to email to a predefined email address from a hyperlink built within the form.  Yet, this is before the user submits the form to the cloud.  Knowing some of our personnel, they might forget to return to the form and submit it.

Is there a way I can combine the two steps (email and submit) so they are accomplished at the same time?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oscar,

Currently the best way to do this is through a tool that monitors data as it is being submitted (like GeoEvent Server) or periodically polling the data to e-mail (as an example, a python script), as mentioned in the Not your standard "Note" question post.  

This is an area that we want to enhance Survey123's capabilities in the future.

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone been able to combine these two features yet?  Email and Submit a form with one click???

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oscar,

You may want to take a look at the Early Adopter Community - we are currently beta-testing a feature to allow this (as well as other post-action workflows) - look for 'web hooks'

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Hi JTedrick-esristaff ... I went to the community and was unable to see 'Web Hooks' or download the beta version posted 2 weeks ago...

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Oscar,  

Can you retry? We refreshed the downloads in the Early Adopter Community today.

0 Kudos