How to add related tables data in dashboard

Jump to solution
05-10-2021 05:06 AM
GeoprocessamentoCerradinho
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a way to display and filter data from related tables on the Dashboard without having to create a view? Why are related tables only exposed on the Dashboard through views? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

It's a little cumbersome, but when I have instances like that, I create two lists... one with related table data, and the other with the feature's data.  I add 'actions' to each so I can filter each one based on the other.

In the below example, the "Riser List" is the feature, and the "Inspections" list is the related table.  When I click on an inspection record, only one feature is displayed in the "Riser List", which I can then click on to filter/zoom the map.  Alternatively, I can click on a feature in the "Riser List" to filter/zoom the map and to see all inspections (related records) associated with it.

JasonCyphers_0-1620649271085.png

If someone has any better/alternate methods, I'd love to see those as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

It's a little cumbersome, but when I have instances like that, I create two lists... one with related table data, and the other with the feature's data.  I add 'actions' to each so I can filter each one based on the other.

In the below example, the "Riser List" is the feature, and the "Inspections" list is the related table.  When I click on an inspection record, only one feature is displayed in the "Riser List", which I can then click on to filter/zoom the map.  Alternatively, I can click on a feature in the "Riser List" to filter/zoom the map and to see all inspections (related records) associated with it.

JasonCyphers_0-1620649271085.png

If someone has any better/alternate methods, I'd love to see those as well.

GeoprocessamentoCerradinho
New Contributor III

Thanks, it's a good workaround.

0 Kudos