how to add image files for the choices options in a select_multiple question

Jump to solution
07-02-2018 10:23 AM
IreneEgbulefu1
New Contributor III

I am creating a survey for my users to look at 4 optional routes  and provide their choices with comments.

The survey choice answers should have an image attached  to it (a .png map of each route option).

I have seen something similar to what I want on You-tube but all my efforts to configure my survey to achieve that has yielded no positive result. The video was very brief and did not display the excel sheet configurations used to achieve the displayed result.

Here is the link for that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Sh31BFXN8

Please I would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Irene,

As mentioned in Media—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, the procedure to add an image is to copy the images to the survey's media folder and then reference the image with it's file name (including the .jpg/.png extension) in the choices sheet's image column.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Irene,

As mentioned in Media—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, the procedure to add an image is to copy the images to the survey's media folder and then reference the image with it's file name (including the .jpg/.png extension) in the choices sheet's image column.

0 Kudos
IreneEgbulefu1
New Contributor III

Thanks James,

I am now able to add images to my Survey 123 Connect for ArcGIS using the Excel sheet, but how do I achieve the same thing on Survey123 for ArcGIS which is the web  form. I found  Survey123 for ArcGIS more flexible to design but I am not able to attach images to my questions. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks once again!!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Irene,

Forms published via Survey123 Connect can be viewed on the web.  Currently, the Survey123 web designer does not support attaching images to choices.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,
Has there been any improvement in allowing images to be attached to choices in the web form?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Rob,

Not at this time.  It would be helpful if you could file an idea at https://ideas.arcgis.com so that we could track interest in this.

DataOfficer
0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rob,

Just want to have a double-check, the idea you raised above is pursuing to add images for a choice question in the Design tab of Survey123 website when authoring the survey (we call this the web designer), but not displaying the image for a choice question when filling out the survey (we call this the web app/web form), right?

If you encounter an issue that images for a choice cannot display when filling out the survey in the web app https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/<id>, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Hi Zhifang,

No the idea I have raised is to support images associated to choice questions showing in the web form, where that form has been designed in Survey123 Connect. I.e. the images listed in the image column of the choices tab of an XLSForm and stored in the media folder. I will reword my idea to make this clear.

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the clarification. 

If images are specified in the image column in the choices spreadsheet, they should be able to work for select_one and select_multiple questions. Would you mind sharing more details where you see it does not work as expected or provide an XLSForm example that can reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Zhifang