How do I add domains/choices to Survey123 so they appear in the attribute table later?

Jump to solution
11-06-2020 07:33 AM
JaviVasquez1
New Contributor III

I need to add some choices - domains - to a survey question.  I added them to the list in Connect.  No problem. They appear after republishing.  When I open the layer in Pro or directly from survey123 - I can't change existing data to any of the new choices from my list....because they don't appear.  I figured this was a simple domains issue but without pulling the entire file down and resetting everything, I don't see a way right now.  For example, let's say John was the user name but now I've changed his name to John Smith because I have another John that joined the team.  I have to change all of John Smith's old entries.  Not as easy with domains.  I'm hoping I missed something quick and easy here.  Please help - thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Javi Vasquez‌, 

If you are using a Hosted Feature Service in ArcGIS Online if you select the Data tab for the service and select Fields then the field you you like to update the domains you should see the existing domains and you can update them from there. 

With our current beta builds we have done a lot of work around dynamic choice lists and automating the workflow of updating choices (although these workflows will not work with domains). Please check out the documentation and Beta builds on our Early Adaptor Community

If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise depending on what version you are using the workflow may be different. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Javi Vasquez‌, 

If you are using a Hosted Feature Service in ArcGIS Online if you select the Data tab for the service and select Fields then the field you you like to update the domains you should see the existing domains and you can update them from there. 

With our current beta builds we have done a lot of work around dynamic choice lists and automating the workflow of updating choices (although these workflows will not work with domains). Please check out the documentation and Beta builds on our Early Adaptor Community

If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise depending on what version you are using the workflow may be different. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
JaviVasquez1
New Contributor III

Thanks!

0 Kudos