How can I recover a survey in survey123 online after deleting the Fom file from ArcGIS online?

05-12-2017 05:58 AM
AshrafAfana
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I've deleted the #Form file of one of my surveys from my ArcGIS online, which directly removed my survey from the #Survey123 online. I still have the host feature layer in arcGIS online. How I can #recover that survey?

Thanks

Ashraf,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ashraf,

You can recreate the survey using Survey123Connect - select 'Add New > From Feature Service' while logged in as the owner of the feature service.

0 Kudos
AshrafAfana
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. This will recreate the project but the original data that has been collected will not appear with the new recreated project. So, in survey123 online you'll have the survey but with 0 collected entries. Although I still can see the data in arcgis online, but I would like to see it in survey123. Any suggestions?

Ashraf,

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ashraf, 

Can you use ArcGIS Pro to append the original data to the new feature service?

Append—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

Carmel

0 Kudos
AshrafAfana
New Contributor II

Thanks Carmel, 

Unfortunately, I can't install ArcGIS Pro on my laptop, work policy. 

Very appreciated.

Ashraf, cheers

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ashraf,

Using the submission_url setting, you should be able to configure the survey to write data in the old survey's tables.

AshrafAfana
New Contributor II

Thanks James, 

This was really helpful. Although I struggled to find out about the url submission in survey123, but with little search in the net I managed to found something. 

Ashraf, cheers

0 Kudos