How can I backup and restore data to a Hosted feature layer

04-17-2018 09:52 AM
MauricioGongora
New Contributor III

I have to backup data from a hosted feature layer (created with survey123) because when I change the survey sometimes, depending the change, the features layer is recreated, and I loss the data. So, I need be able to backup the old data, execute the change, and restore the old data to the new feature layer.

I tried to do it exporting the data to a File Geodatabase, and then, update the data to the empty feature layer. This works when the change doesn't recreated the feature, I can delete all the data, and restore the old data from the FGDB, but when the change recreates the feature layer (e.g. when I change the data type of any field), it doesn't works, when I try to update the data uploading the FGBD that I exported before, it raise an error.

Please, can anyone help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mauricio,

This is a function of the core part of onlinewebmapping‌; either getting an answer from that forum or opening a technical support ticket would be the best to get help with this.

0 Kudos
MauricioGongora
New Contributor III

Another issue I have is that when the features are restored using the update function, the files attached don't do it. Only when I upload the FGDB and ArcGIS Online creates the feature from FGDB, the files attached are restored.

Can I open a ticket with these problems?

0 Kudos
DavidMc_Laughlin
New Contributor III

Hi Mauricio,

Did you have any luck with this query? I'm trying to backup a Survey 123 FL with all the pictures included.

Thanks, David.

0 Kudos