Guidelines for Survey 123 Windows Enterprise Deployment?

10-10-2019 08:15 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

We are beginning to deploy custom Survey 123 builds across our enterprise via Windows.  While deploying for iOS is rather simple and streamlined we are having issues with Windows enterprise deployment.

I believe the main issue is the app wants to install under the user by default rather than the machine (for all users to access). I understand the My Surveys is by user for security, which is fine.  We would like to code in the install location of the app in Program Files (is this done during cloud make?).  Additionally a machine install allows us to check the install status and version for updates and removal.

We would also like to silence the install so the user does not get prompted.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi TL,

It is not currently possible to install Survey123 Connect and field app on Windows to a common folder for all users or to Program Files location. This is due to underlying limitations in the framework. There is currently 3 similar enhancements to support such a feature: ENH-000105975, ENH-000101301, ENH-000101302.

I would suggest raising an enhancement with Esri support to match your requirements and have the analyst attach your case to the existing issues as needed. This will help prioritise and understand all use cases for this feature to be implemented in the future.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos