Group Sharing in Survey 123 Not Working

08-27-2020 08:16 AM
HenryPittman
New Contributor II

In the past I have been able to share a survey from the collaborate tab with only members of an arcgis online group by selecting the "Following groups" option then selecting the group I want to share the survey and ultimately allow submissions to the survey. 

About a month ago I noticed I was unable to select any of my groups when trying to only share a survey with a specific group. When I select the "following groups" options survey123 in the web browser gives me no options and tells me only I am able to submit data to the survey. See picture below.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here? I spoke to our license admin and he told me I had all group admin privileges on my role and suggested creating a new shared group but that didn't do anything. 

Second question: Would changing the share settings in arcgis online for that item in the group to only the specific group I desire limit whom can submit data to the survey? 

Thank in advance for any help you can provide. 

Tyler

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Henry Pittman‌,

Are the groups in your Organization Shared update groups? If so it's expected that surveys cannot be shared to those groups on the Share Survey tab. The reason for this is in anticipation of co-authorship of Surveys on the website. 

If the groups are not Shared update groups what is your ArcGIS Online role? Is it a custom role or one of the default roles? 

For your second question you can share the items to the desired group from your content, although the recommended workflow is to use the ArcGIS Survey123 Website as that will ensure everything that needs to be shared gets shared appropriately. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
HenryPittman
New Contributor II

Thanks Zach, I don't know if there was a change to the way groups and shared groups worked in the last month or so but groups that had originally worked with sharing in survey123 were now shared groups and didn't work. I created a new groups and changed the option of only allowing group members to edit their own items and that seemed to fix the problem. Your explanation help me get there so thanks. 

Tyler

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Henry Pittman‌, 

I am glad that worked out! This was a change with the 3.10 release of ArcGIS Survey123 (Early July). Shared groups are now used in co-authorship workflows which is currently in beta on the survey123.beta.arcgis.com website. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos