GlobalID and ParentGlobalID in Survey123 relates

12-10-2021 06:50 AM
KathleenHoenke
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature service generated from a survey123 form. It has a point service and a related table. On AGOL, I can easily view related records. I want to bring this into arcpro, and essentially join the points to the table so I can retain the lat/long fields and then send this related table off to partners. I try to join the table using ParentGlobalID to the the points GlobalID but they don't match. I'm trying with no luck to figure out which fields link, as this use to work.  When I download the geodatabase the relate between the table and the points is not retained.

Any help is appreciated!

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could just add the webservice to ArcPro and use it no need to export.  Just go to Catalog then Portal and you should see it if you own it.  But if you do Did you download the entire service as a GDB?  If so you should get all the layers and relationships in place.

Oh and you can do joins in AGOL also in a webmap.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
KathleenHoenke
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! Yes, I did download as a gdb, and the relationship is not retained. My issue is that the globalid and parentglobalids aren't matching up when I go to do a join. I'm curious if the survey123 fields no longer join this way?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hmm something is off because I do this everyday.  Are you exporting in AGOL  on the service page?  Export - GDB.  Not from the 123 page.  Can you just open the layer directly in Pro?

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Try to export feature layer and tables using ArcGIS Pro and import them to the GDB then from the environment tap check "preserve global ids" so you will not lose the original parent global id in the parent table.

Hussam_AlJabri_0-1639168559450.png