Geoshape does not grab full feature geometry from Experience Builder

08-02-2021 08:26 AM
AFackler_NAPSG
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey set up that grabs data from a map in Experience Builder. One of these questions is a geoshape meant to grab a county polygon. These counties, however, are sometimes multi- polygon features and the geoshape question grabs one of the small features instead of the whole county. Is there a calculation I can set to grab the largest feature or the whole thing, or is this a limitation? See screenshots below.

AFackler_NAPSG_0-1627917706132.png

I click on Los Angeles County, but it returns this little island. It's still part of the feature, but I want the whole county. But if I click on a county that isn't a multi-polygon feature, it works fine

AFackler_NAPSG_1-1627917903294.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alison_Gou_
New Contributor III

Hi @AFackler_NAPSG ,

Thanks for sharing and this is a known limitation.

However, I encourage you to contact Esri Support to log an enhancement. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the enhancement on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same enhancement report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly. 
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @AFackler_NAPSG,

How are you pulling in the geoshape from the feature service into the new survey? I came across your post looking to solve a different problem, but this is also one I need to solve. Any guidance/links to documentation would be great!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AFackler_NAPSG
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jessica,

This is set up using Experience Builder. It's a been a minute since I looked at this, but I think I remember what I did.

Basically I pulled in a web map (doesn't have to have the survey's layer), then pulled in the survey using the Survey widget in ExB. Within the survey settings that come up, I hit the switch to "Send data to this survey", chose the source layer (in this case it's basially a county layer).

AFackler_NAPSG_0-1695672514054.png

From there you can chose what fields get pulled over from the Field/question section by hitting "Add Connection". To get the geometry, use the *Shape field and place it into the question in your survey asking for the geometry. 

AFackler_NAPSG_1-1695672561248.png

Here's a bit of documentation on this as well https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/10.8/configure-widgets/survey-widget.htm and https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/experience-builder/real-time/using-experience-builder-and-....

Hope this helps! Still haven't found an answer for my problem but I moved onto other projects and probably won't be coming back to doing this.

0 Kudos