When viewing Survey123 results via the Survey123 website (survey123.arcgis.com) for one of our forms, we have recently noticed that the geopoint locations no longer appear in the Form view (Data tab). Instead, where the map would normally appear it is blank. This is not the same across all of our Survey123 forms.
Screenshot showing an example of the blank map:
Points appear to be displaying correctly in the main map window - just not the Form view.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @DataOfficer ,
The reason why I asked is because there has been similar issue raised. The issue being audio question would stop survey from loading properly. Based on your reply, I think you were experiencing this issue.
However, it has been fixed and your survey with audio questions should be open properly now.
There is a known limitation, which is using WKT for map spatial reference would lead to similar observation.
Can you check the spatial reference of map in the survey? This will help us to make sure if you are using the same as I mentioned above.
Hi @DataOfficer ，
Sorry I was not quite clear about my previous post.
I believe, when you say 'The spatial reference of the feature service shows as being 4326 (WGS84)', it is the feature service created by Survey123. And it should be 4326 by design.
What I would like to confirm is actually the map's spatial reference in your map question. I hope this is clearer.
Sure. Just follow the steps:
1. login survey123 and find Organization (my surveys) ---settings, you would be able to see Map gallery and Default basemap, thats base map gallery used in map question. Survey123 pulls Map gallery from your organization.
2. login to your organization and find the basemap. After login, go to Group -- my Organization's Group, paste name of Map Gallery you found in Survey123 to search and you should find it.
3. Find default base map used in map question and click its name to enter to its detail page; on this page, there is an URL at the right bottom corner and it takes you to rest page. on the rest page, you could see the spatial reference.
Hi @alison_gou ,
Thank you. I have followed your steps.
1. The Survey123 Settings shows the map gallery as 'Organization's basemap gallery' with 'Imagery' as the default map.
2. When I search for 'Organization's basemap gallery' it returns 0 results. I do not have a group of this name.
3. I cannot complete step 3 as step 2 has no results.
Thanks for your reply.
I am afraid we have to do more test to proceed. Let's open the response in view mode. Please follow the steps:
2. add the GlobalID to the end of "?mode=view&globalId=", for example, you should get something like
3. Format final url to something like
replace the sample values with your real survey values.
After you open the above URL, can you see the missing map?
Hi @alison_gou ,
I have just followed your steps, but my survey does not function well in the web browser as it contains nested repeats and complex logic. is designed for use in the field app, and was developed in Connect.
The web form that loads using the URL you described (but edited to fit my data) does not show the map questions, and permanently shows a loading symbol over the form itself.
Hi @DataOfficer ，
There are two more tests you can do.
1. Survey123 3.13 just released today and you may open your survey with new version to see how it goes;
2. If still not working, follow steps below:
I have a similar situation below: