Geopoint GPS Mobile (manual)

Jump to solution
06-12-2019 07:57 AM
PamelaLandy
Occasional Contributor

Hi all , I 'm using a survey for inventory and location of machinery in the works of the city, and I would like to be able to manually move the geopoint of the gps (cell phone) and that it is marked exactly on the machine. Is it possible to do this manually and mark the location coordinates in survey 123 ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminHanzen
New Contributor II

Pamela, can you verify that when you move the point, that you're not hitting the back arrow and are tapping the check mark. This is not the same check mark to submit the entire form, but is the check mark to confirm your location selection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenjaminHanzen
New Contributor II

Hey Pamela,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly. I don't know of a way to manually move the GPS on your phone manually. This like a mock location type of deal. 

However, I think what you're asking is can you move the point within Survey123 and mark the locations of these machines? The answer is yes, very simply when you go into the survey and at the geopoint question. Tap on the map. This will make the map big on your phone.

You may even want to look at doing some integrating with Collector. I prefer Collector to navigate, and Survey123 to perform maintenance and operations. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm

Lots of options you can do with something like this. I provided a QR code on some machines for a city so when they go to the machine, it gives them the survey they should be using. 

Best of luck,

Frank

PamelaLandy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Frank , Yes I need  to move the point within Survey123 and mark the locations of these machines  But when I  continue with the survey I visualize that the point returns to the point marked by the GPS phone

0 Kudos
BenjaminHanzen
New Contributor II

Pamela, can you verify that when you move the point, that you're not hitting the back arrow and are tapping the check mark. This is not the same check mark to submit the entire form, but is the check mark to confirm your location selection.

PamelaLandy
Occasional Contributor

Frank You are right! , Thanks

0 Kudos